What is Personal Branding Photography and why it matters?
Personal Branding Photography is a type of photography that creates a visual representation of your brand
Personal Branding Photography is a genre and a type of photography that focuses on creating images that represent you and your personal brand.
These images can be used on your website, social media, and other marketing materials.
Personal branding photography is important because it helps you create a strong visual identity for your business. It can also help you connect with your audience and build trust.
If you’re looking to improve your personal branding, consider hiring a personal branding photographer. A professional photographer can help you create images that are both professional and authentic.
When your brand is a personal brand it means that what defines and makes your business different from others is you, your personality, your take on the idea and the business, the way you do it and deliver the service or the product and what makes you different from others.
Who is Personal Branding Photography ideal for?
Personal Branding Photography is ideal for business owners, founders, individuals that have a business or are starting out on an idea and want to create a strong visual representation of their brand from the start.
Brand Photography is also relevant for people in a career progression who are transitionning to more senior roles.
Brand photographers are photographers who specialise in working with people that want to grow and convey their uniqueness via the medium of images and photography.
The images are in this sense, a meaningful and intentional vehicle to promote a personal brand further.
The images are a valuable asset, business owners and founders can use when they are invited to speak at a conference, write a feature for a magazine, or use on their own online platforms for brand awareness and campaigns.
Some of the reasons, why people hire a Brand Photographer
There are many reasons why people hire personal branding photographers. Here are some of the most common:
- To create a professional image. A professional headshot can help you look your best and make a good first impression. It can also be used on your website, social media, and other marketing materials.
- To show off your work. If you’re a photographer, designer, or other creative professional, you can use your personal branding photography to show off your work. This can help you attract new clients and get your work seen by a wider audience.
- To connect with your audience. Personal branding photography can help you connect with your audience on a deeper level. By showing your personality and your unique brand, you can build trust and rapport with your followers.
- To grow your business. A strong personal brand can help you grow your business. By attracting the right clients and building trust with them, you can increase your chances of success.
Typically you are looking into investing in brand photography if you are:
- The founder of a company
- A business owner
- You write a column, a blog or regular magazine features
- You are an expert in your industry and are invited to talks and conferences
- You run your own podcast and want to create a professional cover look for it
- You have a new website and want to show fresh and authentic images of yourself.
Is Brand Photography relevant to people who are employed?
Yes, personal branding is relevant for people who are employed. In today’s competitive job market, it is more important than ever to have a strong personal brand. Your personal brand is what sets you apart from the competition and makes you memorable to potential employers.
And it is often what will determine a promotion as compared to having a great reputation and hard work.
Personal branding photography creates an immediate connection
In the online space, if you want to grow your business, your presence and be seen as professional, trustworthy and committed, photographs of you taken professionally can reflect all of the above in an instant.
When people see photos of you, they can start to get a sense of who you are and what you’re about. This can help them feel more connected to you and your brand.
Personal branding photography can also help you connect with your audience on a deeper level. By showing your personality and your unique brand, you can build trust and rapport with your followers. This can lead to a more engaged and loyal audience.
Locations for Personal Branding Photography
The best location for your personal branding photography will depend on your personal style and the look you want to achieve. Consider your options carefully and choose a location that you feel comfortable in and that will help you create the images you want.
Here are some of the options:
– In the studio for a clean and fresh look and images that focus on you without any other distractions
– Your office for a professional and polished look. You can use your office as a backdrop for your photos or you can take them outdoors in front of your office building.
– A coffee shop or restaurant, a great option if you want to create a casual and social look. You can use the coffee shop or restaurant as a backdrop for your photos or you can take them outdoors in the surrounding area.
– A park or outdoor space, if you want to create a natural and relaxed look. You can use the park or outdoor space as a backdrop for your photos or you can take them among the trees and flowers.
– A city street, to create an urban and edgy look. You can use the city street as a backdrop for your photos or get in closer with using certains features as part of the set.
– Other “outside the box” options – a hotel, museum, gallery, a shop, or a private space that can be hired for the photoshoot. There are many sites where you can view and book amazing spaces such as on peerspace.com.
There are plenty of options and experienced Personal brand photographers will be able to guide you in the right direction.
Interested in Personal Branding Photography? You want to find out more how to work with me?
Get in touch for a free 30 minutes branding consultation, click below to schedule a call with me.