Cake smash, London photographer
I love doing cake smash photography sessions, and although I don’t advertise them a lot, I do them.
This cake smash was with a baby that I have photographed since he was in his mummy’s tummy! Here is the blog I have written about the maternity session I did for his mum where we also did a few family and sibling shots.
After he was born I did a newborn session for him in their home. The second session was when he was 6 months old and it coincided with Christmas, so we did a family Christmas session too.
The cake smash is the latest session for his first birthday, which was to be celebrated with balloons and cake!
Everything was ready set-up for when mum and the birthday boy arrived. We started the session straight after, playing music in the background and singing his favourite nursery rhymes.
Then the cake came out and he didn’t know what to think of it. He wasn’t sure and he didn’t know what it was. However curiosity got the better of him and he did dip his finger in the icing and tried it but he still wasn’t sure.
Here is a sneak peak at the photos I took during this session which was fun and memorable.
This is what I can do for you, if you are looking to celebrate your little one’s milestones with a Cake Smash Photography session.
The price for a cake smash photoshoot is £250 and it includes:
- The photoshoot of 30 minutes to 1 hour
- The set-up and styling advice
- I have a list of suppliers that I recommend for the cake but you can also bring your own.
- I do supply the photography set-up, which includes the background if desired, props if desired and lighting depending on the situation.
- You supply the balloons, the cake and clothes for the baby.
- The set-up can be done outdoors or in your home (be prepared for some mess)
- 5 professionally edited final images and corresponding professional prints
How to reserve and what happens after the initial enquiry?
- Cake smash photography session can be booked with a pre-paid session fee of £50.
Here is a list of some of the suppliers I would recommend for the cake
- Clare form Willow Bough https://willowboughtearooms.com/bespoke-cakes/
- Etoile Bakery by Holly https://etoilebakery.co.uk
- Simon’s Bakery in Tooting, https://www.simonsbakery.co.uk
Let me know if you have any questions or just want to find out more about how the cake smash works.
Cake smash sessions can be done for your baby’s first birthday or second birthday as it is not too late to do it then. They will still be amazed by cake and they are still full of natural and spontaneous expressions.
Email email@example.com or call 07934788100 to find out more.