Maternity photoshoot, Clapham Common

I have absolutely loved doing a maternity photoshoot with this beautiful lady. She was expecting her first baby in June this year.

We had the most amazing session in Clapham Common, one of the parks in our area. The weather was great. We had sunshine but also some clouds, just enough to make the skies interesting.

Her husband joined us later in the session, giving us enough time to focus on the bump and mama and then incorporate the partner.

They make a great couple together and they look fab!

To my delight they chose me to do their newborn photos and they went for the full “bump and baby” package. In this package the maternity session is free and included are three sessions for the baby, at birth, at 6 months and then at one year. Timings are flexible and can be done at any time throughout the year. For more details and for bookings please see the “Book me” page.

Their little baby boy is gorgeous and so cute. I loved all the newborn features, cute fingers and toes, the baby smell, trying to suck his thumb and of course always looking for mama.

Here is a selection of some of the photos from the two sessions, maternity and the first newborn session.

I did another sneaky session with the baby as I wanted to get some more “super cute” newborn photos. I will post those in a separate blog post.

For now enjoy beautiful mama and baby.

Maternity photoshoot, Clapham, London

Maternity photoshoot, Clapham Common

Maternity photoshoot, session Clapham, London
Book a session with Laura Shimili Mears Photography, Newborn Photography, Maternity Photography, Family Photography

Blessed parents

Blessed parents, maternity photo session, Clapham Common, London
Maternity photoshoot, Clapham, London

Beautiful mama, maternity photoshoot. Clapham Common, London.

Maternity photoshoot, Clapham Common, London.
Newborn photoshoot, Clapham, London

Cute baby boy, sleeping and smiling.

Newborn Photoshoot, London.
Newborn photoshoot, Clapham, London

Cute baby feet.

Newborn photo session, London.

Your Content Goes Here

2017-09-25T10:22:16+00:00

8 Comments

1. passion fruit, paws and peonies August 12, 2017 at 11:29 am - Reply

What a fantastic set of photos! And that baby – is enough to make this midlife woman broody! x

2. Hi, I'm Katie August 12, 2017 at 12:49 pm - Reply

Beautiful photos!

3. Emmy - Misadventurous Mummy August 14, 2017 at 12:23 am - Reply

I really regret not having a maternity shoot! Your photos are lovely! xx

• Lauraslittlethings August 14, 2017 at 1:05 pm - Reply

Hi Emmy, thank you! I know me too with my first, i didn’t have professional photos done. But we have done family photos and intend to do again, every 2-3 years so that we can document the different stages as a family. Thank you for popping by.

4. nikkifrankhamilton August 14, 2017 at 1:58 pm - Reply

First off, great photos! These will be a treasured family keepsake. And I love your idea of putting things together in a package, it could be a great gift to the new couple, for a shower present or a gift from the grandparents. Takes so much off of the couple, who are busy preparing for the baby and then becoming new parents! Can’t wait to see more of your work.

• Lauraslittlethings August 14, 2017 at 9:00 pm - Reply

Thank you for the visit Nikki, great to hear from you here on my blog. And thank you for the kind words, you have also given me an idea to add the ‘gift’ element to these packages that members of the family can buy for the couple. You’re right it is a busy time for new parents and one less thing to think about is having a photography session arranged. I will pop over to see you soon.

5. carterfamily4 August 14, 2017 at 7:12 pm - Reply

I really wish I had more bump shots from having my two children x such beautiful shots xx

• Lauraslittlethings August 14, 2017 at 8:57 pm - Reply

Aw thank you for your visit and your kind words. I know maternity and the first year of the baby are so special… because also they don’t last at all. There is always time though for good photos, as the kids grow to document the different stages.

Enter your comments here